Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Part 2, As Promised

I actually do have something meaningful to write about here. I really do. So here it is: I went to my first teaching interview today.

For those who don't know, I am currently pursuing my Master's in teaching. And now it's time for me to finally find a job that's going to pay me to do the thing I'm getting that degree in. Makes sense.

I interviewed at El Dorado High School in southern Arkansas, and I must say I was impressed. The staff was so welcoming and open, and I really felt comfortable.

I felt like a teacher.

They asked me important questions about things like classroom management and my teaching style, and I answered them honestly, without trying to overthink.

We all had a few good laughs sharing stories about things we had seen in classrooms, and they gave me a tour of their AMAZING new campus. (Favorite thing ever - their lab storage areas have a dishwasher!! Imagine! Not having to hand wash all that glassware!!)

Not sure if they are going to offer me the job. Not sure if I am going to take it if they do. There are so many things to consider.

But no matter what, at least I know now that I can be completely confident walking into my next interview. Because I really do know what I am talking about. Really.

Now ask me again how confident I feel at the end of my first semester, hahaha.


(NO Sugar NOvember update: totally bombed it, as detailed in my previous post. But I drank some unsweet tea and didn't hate it. Also didn't raid my son's Halloween candy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment