Thursday, November 6, 2014

Ghosts From Movies and Other Realizations

Today, when I swept under the high chair for the 229,529th time this week, I realized that it reminded me of a scene from one of my favorite childhood movies: Casper. You remember, the one with Cristina Ricci and the blond-headed boy at the end who every girl totally fell in love with?

Well, there is a scene where Casper's uncles are all in the kitchen, trying to scare away the new "houseguests". They are eating some delicious-looking sweets, but when they chew it it just falls straight through them and onto the floor under the table.

It. Looks. Gross. And it also looks exactly like the floor under my son's high chair. Doesn't that just sound amazingly appetizing?

I did have some "other realizations" when I was coming up with ideas for today's post, but by the time I sat down to write, they were totally gone. But I wanted to keep the title. Deal with it.


(NO Sugar NOvember update: No sweets today! And I thought I'd just point out the fact that I am not counting fruit as sugar/sweets for the purposes of this challenge. I've had some grapes, apples, and a fruit cup packed in 100% fruit juice. Trying to limit myself to one or two servings a day. It is getting easier to resist sugar.

The real test will come on Saturday when I bake a cake for my stepson's birthday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment