Sunday, February 10, 2013

3 For 1 Special

The last three days have been a flurry of activity, so I slacked a bit on the posting. Of course at Graham's 12:30 am feedings I realized I had missed my chance, but couldn't muster up the extra energy it took to compose a post on my phone while trying to convince the Little One that it does not take a whole hour to nurse!

And on that note, we have hit the 6 week growth spurt. Just in time for my return to work bright and early Monday morning. (About 9 hours from now, to be exact.)

Unlike his marathons at 2, 3, and 4 weeks, this time he is taking it in turns to nurse for extended, frequent periods, followed by unpredictable sleeping periods.

Just when we were starting to get on a schedule. Great.

So besides being exhausted from a break in our nearly established routine, I also have to try to mentally prepare for being away from my son for more than just an hour while I run to the store. I am leaving him - for 6 hours! - when I head back into the fray tomorrow.

Hopefully a good night's sleep will help ease the transition. Three hours of zzzs, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment