Monday, December 1, 2014

30% Success!

Well, my #NaBloPoMo challenge didn't go exactly how I planned. However, with a 30% success rate (9 days out of 30), I'm going to call it a win!

The last couple of weeks have been pretty sensational around here, so how's about a quick update?

Here ya go:
1. Adelyn is starting to be the cutest baby ever. Besides Graham, of course. Equal levels of cuteness.


2. I interviewed for a teaching job that I definitely, absolutely knew that I wouldn't get. Just wanted the experience. So of course they offered me the job.
3. Prayed, talked, and prayed some more about the job. It will require some pretty major changes for our little family.
4. Visited the school. Talked to the teachers. Talked to family, friends, and God. Found a promising rental house. Found a solution for the childcare problem. Accepted the job offer.

December proves to be one of the busiest months in recent memory. My husband will be moving to the house we own but have been using as a rental. I, along with the kiddos & my mom, will be moving to El Dorado for my new position as a biology & chemistry teacher.

So, for the semester, I will be THREE HOURS away from my husband. I know that many other families deal with longer and more serious separations. We have plans to spend two weekends a month as a family, but the hubby really needs those other weekends to get the rent house ready for one of three scenarios: move in a new set of renters, move us all in if El Dorado is not a permanent choice, or sell the house for as much as we can.

In the midst of all these changes, I am introducing a new family advent tradition. Pinterest has given me lots of suggestions (read: overwhelming amount of suggestions) for how to do an advent calendar, and this year I am just trying a few different things to see what works for us. Today our first activity was starting to build our felt Christmas tree. It is going to be so cool for Graham to decorate (and redecorate, and redecorate...) his own tree, without having to hear us scold him for touching the breakables on a regular tree. Pictures to come once we have the tree up. :)

Also, I never shared any "thankful" posts on my blog, Facebook, or anywhere else for that matter. I was too busy showing my friends and family how thankful I am for them. But while I've got a few moments, I just want to share a couple of thoughts.

I am thankful for cold winter nights in my warm bed with my beautiful family.
I am thankful for the friends and family that I can always count on.
I am thankful for a husband who both drives me crazy and loves me like crazy.

I am thankful for love.

And I am thankful for you, dear reader. I pray that you are blessed with as much love as you can handle as we enter this hectic, wonderful Christmas season. 


{Still curious about NO Sugar NOvember? 40% success. Or pretty close to that. Yeah...}

No comments:

Post a Comment